The total package value is C£83k – this includes:
- Competitive salary
- Health benefit allowance
- Annual Discretionary bonus
- Life insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Free parking
About this role:
Reporting to The JWT Board, with the Chairman of the Board as your direct line manager, the role holder will be responsible for overseeing all business operations as well as human resources, finance including budgetary responsibilities, communications and marketing. The role holder will be an expert communicator who has a strong ability to delegate responsibility and collaborate across the attraction - tunnels, café, shop, Escape Rooms, and related external areas. Ultimately, the General Manager should be driven by a desire to lead the JWT business to maximum productivity and efficiency, with a key focus on marketing and future customer acquisition.
Jersey War Tunnels is a premier destination that has earned its reputation as the most visited attraction in Jersey. Offering a captivating combination of historical education, cultural information and exhilarating experiences, we have become a top choice for travellers from across the globe. Proud of our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, we consistently attract a diverse range of visitors.
To ensure that we continue to exceed expectations and maintain our position as a leading tourist attraction, we are dedicated to ongoing investment. Our vision includes enhancing infrastructure, expanding amenities and incorporating cutting-edge technologies into the attraction to elevate the visitor experience. These investments will enable us to offer even more immersive and engaging experiences, foster sustainable practices and cater for the evolving needs and preferences of our audiences.
By prioritising innovation, sustainability and customer-centricity, we are poised to set new standards in the tourism sector. We are committed to creating unforgettable memories and fostering a deep appreciation for the incredible stories we tell. Join us on this extraordinary journey.
- In conjunction with the JWT Board, develop and implement the strategic plan for growth.
- Review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivational work environment and implementing innovative changes as required.
- Adhere to company standards for excellence and quality.
- Oversee day to day operations for the attraction (tunnels, cafe, shop, Escape Rooms and related external areas), ensuring they operate to the highest of standards.
- Responsible for all aspects of Security, Health and Safety of its employees and all visitors to the site, including development of risk assessments and appropriate policies and procedures (e.g. First Aid, Fire).
- Initiate employee development training and ensure critical refresher training is undertaken to ensure Health & Safety policies and procedures are maintained (e.g. First Aid, Fire Safety).
- Develop, implement and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans as appropriate.
- Support the Finance Team in invoicing, preparing budgets and financial reports, preparation of written reports and advising the JWT Board on remuneration policy.
- Lead on all PR, Marketing and revenue generating initiatives.
- Lead and project manage any changes to exhibits and products to support the development of the overall visitor experience, ensuring delivered to project timelines and tasks are accomplished effectively.
- Prepare regular operational and board reports as required.
- Responsible for the management, protection and cataloguing of the JWT collection of artefacts.
- Lead in the development and updating of operational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of site, including the prioritisation and planning of any scheduled maintenance periods.
- With direct line manager responsibility for the Deputy General Manager (DGM) and other supervisors and/or team leads as appropriate, responsible for undertaking annual appraisals, supporting employee welfare and communications, supporting development of employees, ensuring adherence to Company polices and resolving or escalating disciplinary issues when required.
- In conjunction with the DGM:
- Ensure adequate rota of employees to meet operational requirements and any additional activities or events.
- Monitor and resolve customer comments and complaints, ensuring they are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain a log of customer comments and complaints (with actions taken) for review by the JWT Board.
- Oversee all key holder responsibilities for the site.
- Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including management of any third party contractors, and attending industry association meetings and/or Trade-shows as required.
- To attend, as required, management and board meetings.
- Support any other additional duties as may be reasonably required for the role.
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Proven success in a managerial/leadership role.
- Commercial enterprise experience in tourism, leisure and hospitality if preferred but candidates from other sectors with strong entrepreneurial commercial backgrounds may be considered.
- Strong decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), collaboration and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead employees, and hold them accountable.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures.
- Demonstrable ability to organise and prioritise multiple tasks with an understanding of project management.
- High level of IT skills (including use of programmes such as Microsoft Office 365 and customer related technology e.g. VR, online ticketing).
- Proven experience in a customer related role.
- Experience in conducting performance evaluations.
- Working knowledge of human resources processes and management of the end to end employee life cycle (e.g. recruitment, onboarding, performance management, disciplinary and grievance, development and training).
How to apply:
For more information or to apply please send a CV and covering letter to Focus HR Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org